ties

 Best Ties For Men

I spent last year purchasing new ties (among other things) because frankly it was time for a new wardrobe. However, dropping $60 on ties from banana republic or jcrew and whatnot was becoming a problem. Not that I ignored ross and tj max! I would kinda just see a tie i like and buy it; a tie or two a month got expensive. Then towards the end of last year I stumbled on thetiebar while looking for a reference to design a tie bar for class (fashion school grad here). Sooo I bought a tie and bar from them. The tie seems legit. It says it's 50/50 wool/silk, and feels like it'll last. I thought the same about the tie bar...until it kinda started collapsing on itself when I would pinch it to put it on.


Also, as a gift, I received a tie/bar combo earlier this month. The tie was labeled "the American necktie company." After a Google search, it turned out the tie was from ties.com Both seem like they will last a while. The tie is 50/50 linen/poly and the tie bar, though it looks cheaper, feels sturdier than thetiebar ones...but then again, I've only had it for a few weeks and used it thrice.

Both sites seem to have a fair variety of ties. What I'm wondering is about their consistency to quality, if anyone is a repeat customer. I'm not the biggest fan of shopping online because you obviously can't feel what you're purchasing or even trust that it will look the way it looks online, so I wanted to see what you all thought before becoming a repeat customer to these ppls because, well...$15-ish! Halp plz?


This is my first post ever to reddit :0 Been lurking for a while and did not know this subreddit existed until yesterday while looking for reviews. Hope I'm doing this right...and thanks to anyone that responds!I've bought a few from thetiebar and they're in great condition after about a year of wearing them once or twice a week. I went with wool, so I don't know how that affects quality, and I generally take pretty good care of them. They suit my needs perfectly and I can't imagine spending $60 on a tie when these work perfectly. The selection is also awesome and I've never had a problem with ordering or shipping.

level 2

That was pretty much my thought processes, $60 was ridiculous...never again. I saw a lot of mixed reviews throughout the web, figured I'd ask the reddit folk since it seems ppl are pretty involved.

Seems like these ties will last as long as I'd need them to (or expect them to) for the price. I guess I'll try both again to see what's up. Asciibutts seems content with both. We'll see!

Comments